Dental treatment refers to a wide range of dental procedures. It is important to visit the dentist only once every six months in order to promptly cure or prevent the development of lesions of the dentition. The main goal of a dentist is to preserve healthy tissues as much as possible, to restore damaged ones with high quality.
In our Affordable Dentistry of Coral Springs, we provide a full complex treatment of common diseases of the dentition is carried out with an individual plan. The very first visit to our dentists convinces us that comfortable, painless dental procedures are not a myth, but a reality available to everyone.
Oral health is affected by heredity, diet, hygiene. The most famous and widespread disease is caries. If you do not pay attention to it, rotting begins. Pulpitis ( root canal treatment), periodontitis is considered more serious problems. Then you have to treat the roots.
Let’s consider the most common options for dental therapy.
The front teeth are visible when smiling, talking, so aesthetics are important when treating the frontal group. Therapeutic procedures in this category are aimed at restoring the functionality and original form of the units.
Typical illnesses include:
- caries. Working with the front teeth is complicated by the very thin layers of enamel and dentin. An affordable and effective method is to install a seal. In our dentistry, we select advanced technological filling materials that accurately recreate your natural enamel shade.
For back teeth, dental inlay and onlay can be an option as well.
A dental inlay is a pre-molded filling fitted into the grooves of your tooth. It’s most often used as restoration for cavities (also known as dental caries) that are centered in your tooth instead of along the outer edges or “cusps.” These cavities have usually not progressed into more extensive tooth decay.
- To eliminate extensive carious cavities, special overlays are used – veneers, which are made individually;
erosion of enamel arising from exposure to aggressive substances. Mineralizing therapy is performed. In advanced cases, the filling is carried out;
- Aesthetic defects such as dark spots, crevices. The method of treatment (therapeutic, orthodontic, artistic restoration) is determined by the doctor.
You should schedule your dental appointment in case of:
- darkening of the enamel;
- carious cavities;
- pain from eating cold or hot food.
Contraindications: acute respiratory diseases, acute stage of periodontal disease, 1st, 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
In many cases, wisdom teeth are removed even if they are healthy. Often they simply do not fit in the jaw, shift other teeth, destroy the bite, sometimes the position of the wisdom tooth is incorrect and the wisdom tooth is pushing the tooth next to it.
Not all wisdom teeth should be extracted. And here is the cases why you should keep them:
- cut through normally;
- grow evenly;
- do not push other teeth;
- serve as a support for implants.
If you have missing molar teeth, to keep wisdom teeth may be a smart solution it is also advisable to leave the “eight”. The gap between teeth will make some space and the wisdom teeth will grow in the right position.
The dentist performs the usual therapeutic procedures:
- cleaning out infected tissue;
- isolation of the carious cavity from saliva;
- installation of a seal.
If you have a cavity on your wisdom tooth you will have two options: to do a wisdom tooth extraction or you may be offered to save the tooth and do a filling.
Root canal treatment
Root canal treatment is carried out to restore the healthy part of the tooth. With a timely visit to a doctor, the probability of preserving a dental unit is 80–90%.
- inflammatory processes leading to soft tissue damage. They are diagnosed visually or using x-rays;
- sensitivity to hot (coffee, tea)
- impossibility of passage and processing of channels;
- impossibility restore the tooth;
- vertical fracture of the tooth root.
The procedure includes:
- conducting anesthesia;
- isolation of the tooth from the rest of the oral cavity. For this, a special device is used – a rubber dam;
- removal of the affected pulp and tissues;
- mechanical expansion of the channels;
- drug treatment of canals, determination of their length; filling.
The next step is the dental restoration of the tooth with fillings or crowns. In most cases the dentist will offer you to protect a dead tooth with zirconia or PFM crown, however, there are some specific cases that filling will be a good temporary solution as well.
Important: do not skip preventive examinations in order to detect diseases at an early stage.
Take advantage of our specials!
We suggest making an appointment and taking advantage of the many benefits of our dental clinic. Among them:
- local lab here in Fort Lauderdale, Fl
- a staff of highly qualified dentists-therapists;
- the high-quality materials for filling;
- discounts on complex procedures;
- dental finance programs are available with 0 %APR up to 24 mo
Schedule your dental appointment today. Call us at (786) 440-4948