Professional oral hygiene
Professional oral hygiene is an integral part of the prevention of dental diseases. It is carried out by a dentist or hygienist in the dental office. For this purpose, manual instruments and special devices are used to remove dental plaque and complex dental cleaning.
Removal of hard plaque should be done every few months. This procedure will prevent periodontal disease and preserve the external attractiveness of the teeth.
Professional hygiene is an obligatory step before carrying out therapeutic, surgical, orthodontic and orthopedic treatment.
The Importance of Hygiene
Professional hygiene every six months eliminates the following problems:
- the formation of a stone under the gum, which leads to inflammation of the periodontium;
- bad breath due to the accumulation of pathogens in hard plaque on teeth;
- superficial and deep caries that develops under the tartar;
- gingivitis due to irritation of the mucous membrane with a stone;
- violation of the dental ligament, loosening and loss of teeth as a result of inflammation of periodontal tissues.
Everyone needs professional hygiene, regardless of the condition of the oral cavity.
Daily care and the use of additional products at home cannot fully prevent the formation of hard deposits under the gum. Outwardly, the teeth may look healthy and snow-white, but at this time, plaque forms on the surface of the root. Its removal is possible with an ultrasonic scaler in a dental office.
If you need a teeth cleaning near me, call us at (786) 440-4948 today to make your dentist appointment tomorrow.